One question that I get asked a lot, is which of the API service providers will help me deploy my API. Historically the primary API service providers like 3Scale, Apigee and Mashery only help you "manage" your API, you still have to deploy that actual API endpoint via your own systems. This has evolved over time, and more of them are actually helping facilitate API deployment like with API gateways.
If you are a larger company, you probably have the resources and tools to deploy APIs from your existing database or other systems. For those that don't, this project is dedicated to brining together news, analysis, tools and services that others can use to actually deploy an API.I'm separating out API design from deployment. Depending on your approach, the deployment of your API could be one and the same with API design or it could be an entirely different beast.
The most common way to deploy APIs is to use API frameworks, and developers are in charge of deployment. Secondarily you see APIs being increasingly deployed using API gateways in the enterprise, but I'm also seeing a resurgence in the number database to API platforms, addressing a growing need to make data accessible via APIs.
Recently I'm also adding the ability to deploy APIs from scraping. This is becoming an interesting new trend from providers like Kimono Labs, and Import.io. While many people see scraping as a thing spammers or content thieves do, it is actually proving to be a legit way to harvest content or data and launch a resulting APIs.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- Deploying An API From Amazon S3 File Store
- Announcing rest | A Haskell REST framework
- The Restlet (Open Source) and API Spark (Cloud) Business Model
- SOA Series Part 3: Documenting and Generating your APIs
- How to build a scalable REST API using Node.JS and Express
- API gateways emerge to address growing security demands
- RethinkDB 1.13: new protocol and push-pull APIs
- Maven Plug-in: Scripting the Deployment of API Proxies
- 3SCALE Integrates with Heroku to Manage and Secure APIs